Associate Veterinarian Position
New, State-of-the-art Facility
WE’LL RAISE THE COMPENSATION LEVEL UNTIL SOME OF YOU JUST HAVE TO TAKE A LOOK!
THEN OUR FACILITY WILL CONVINCE YOU TO JOIN US!
We have opened a state-of-the-art, companion animal facility, in East Memphis. This is a family business built and operated by the same pet-loving family that owns and operates Barks and Recreation. Being in the pet industry for the past six years we feel the need to set new standards in Veterinary care in Memphis and the Mid-South. We want to specialize in preventative care, but we are well equipped when surgical intervention is required. We are looking for veterinarians who have a passion for high quality medicine and building strong and long-lasting bonds with clients. As a family owned business, we value work-life balance and we are very flexible to scheduling needs. Work schedules generally consist of 4 days per week with rotating weekend and on call shifts. Part time Associates will average 34 hours per week and we are looking for two part-time associates. Additionally, we offer a much slower work pace in a relaxed work environment. Our patient care is based on quality- not quantity.
Compensation will be discussed in detail for each applicant; but our part-time Associates can expect an annual salary of $125,000 to $135,000. Both positions will also include a very generous bonus based on billings, over and above the annual salary. Continuing Education Courses, Professional Liability Insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, 50% pet employee discounts, paid annual license renewals and paid dues to local veterinary associations also included
We are looking for Associates who are passionate about high quality patient care and are skilled in communicating effectively with pet owners. Our Doctors must also have the personality to work comfortably with colleagues and staff in a collaborative, respectful, professional manner as we value our team culture.
Sign-on bonus and/or relocation compensation available.
Facility: (Please visit our website at barksvetcare.com for a pictorial tour of our facility.)
- Nova2 Paperless records and billing system
- Smartflow ICU sheets
- Complete In-House Laboratory
- Digital Radiology
- Central Pharmacy
- Complete Dental Cleaning Station
- Fully equipped surgery suite
- Negative Air Pressure Isolation Room with Far-Wave UV light technology
- Voice to text capabilities for patient treatment notes
- Practice in accordance to state practice act and principles of veterinary medical ethics
- Leverage evidence-based medicine and continue pursuit of education to deliver quality patient care
- Adopt and positively impact new veterinary standards and guidelines
- Partner with clients as an advocate for the pet to plan follow-up visits, provide home-care instructions, and education to ensure the lifelong health of their pets
- Maintain relevant, comprehensive medical records with the support of practice systems.
- Foster an effective veterinary support team by communicating medical standards, ethical practices, and your veterinary knowledge and experience
- State Veterinary Board License and must be in good standing.
- One to three years Veterinary experience.
Additional Licensing that may be required:
- A State Controlled Substance (SCS) License.
- DEA License
- State USDA Accreditation class by the time you reach the 12th week of employment.
You may respond by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 901-461-4600. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.